The wonderful weekend also lightened the load of the bad news I received on Friday. You see, I've been planning for some time to depart on a tour for a couple months. I am leaving this weekend to play shows on the east coast. A few weeks ago I decided that I should see the doctor for my left leg before I go as I was having a difficult time walking or standing on it for any length of time and my ankle still looked pretty much exactly the same as it did when I sprained it this summer. The first appointment I made was with a nurse practitioner and it ended with a trip to the emergency room so the vascular technicians could perform an ultrasound on my leg and make sure there were no blood clots in it. I had to make another appointment with my pcp (primary care physician) for last Friday. Unfortunately - as I had secretly feared - my leg is in a little worse shape than I wanted to admit to myself and it now appears as if said leg will require surgery before the end of the year. As a result, I have to cut my travel plans short as I have several appointments with various doctors and the like in the next couple months. I am trying now to figure out where and when I can travel before I leave (on Friday). Most likely, I will just travel around the east coast and midwest and then spend the month of November in Michigan. The tough thing is I sub-letted my apartment to someone for the entirety of November, so I will have to figure out where I am going to stay.
I really thought this is why people had 2 legs.